31 October 2012

Rhythm & Rest

Will and I spent an AMAZING week away in South Carolina recently. He is part of a group of worship leaders who are being discipled and this was the third week long session of this plan. And it was a "bring your spouse" trip! Honestly, I was a little skeptical at first. I can lean towards being an introvert in some settings, and this is exactly the kind of setting that usually makes me that way.

But I can't say enough good things about the week. There was nothing to be worried or skeptical about at all! (That's most definitely the way Satan was picking at me in the weeks leading up to it!) We spent 4 days on the beach near Pawleys Island. The weather was in the mid 70s, and there was plenty of sunshine and beautiful skies.

And on top of that, we were surrounded by friends (old to Will, new to me) who are walking on similar paths in life, seeking truth, desiring balance, and wrestling with some of the same struggles. I just don't even know if I can adequately say that this week away did for Will and me. Awakened some past convictions, revealed new desires, encouraged us in our ministry and life, allowed us to take a step back and look at our life, gave us great hope that we can take small steps to change our lives.

We came away with a new appreciation for rhythms in our life. Creating weekly, monthly, and yearly rhythms that will help us lead better and rest even better.

This is the whole group...


To everyone on our trip, THANK YOU for pouring into us. Loving us. Encouraging us. Being faithful in your ministry. Our hearts are so full from a week away with you all. Megan and Aaron, thanks for your leadership, faithfulness, encouragement, unique approach, and care for our marriages.

Will and I were so fortunate to be able to leave an amazing week and go straight to Charleston for a couple days. We had so much fun decompressing all this information and then switched into rest and vacation mode.

We took a carriage tour, ate yummy food at two of our favorite restaurants there (Husk and FIG), enjoyed new restaurants (Fast & French and Butcher & Bee), saw a HUGE live oak tree, toured Drayton Hall (a southern plantation), and walked all around downtown. It was a fun, quick, restful couple of days.


This is the live oak tree we saw...the Angel Oak. It's around 300-400 years old.



And it was just beautiful! (You can kind of see my baby bump here!)



We loved sitting at the bar at Husk, eating fried pickles and a seasonal plate, while the bartender gave me advice on the birthing process based on his recent experience with his wife delivering a baby girl! And another fun thing...Husk is coming to Nashville in the spring! 



Me and my sweet husband. I love getting away with him to slow down & appreciate life!


No comments:

Post a Comment