The ultrasound was absolutely awe-inspiring. I can't stop thinking about how intricately we are made and how early on all this happens. Hattie, at 16 weeks, is almost 12cm from head to bottom, which is about 4.75 inches. She weighs about 4 ounces. Seeing Hattie's spine, hands, ribs, feet, mouth, nose, profile, heart, stomach, bladder, etc. was just so amazing. And even beyond just seeing her body...her actions really blew me away. Kicking, drinking, hiccuping, moving her mouth, stretching, rolling over, crossing her legs (such a lady!), sucking her thumb, covering her face with her hands, and more...even though she is a tiny baby...she is a functioning little person just growing and biding her time!
Hattie, I can't wait to see your sweet little face again at our 20 week appointment! But I know that it's going to completely spoil me to have ultrasounds twice in a row and then have to go back to the "normal" appointment schedule after that!
Apparently, between 16 and 20 weeks...a lot of growing happens. And I definitely believe it because my tummy is totally sticking out and this all occurred between the 16th and 18th weeks! At the 16 week appointment, it was just a tiny "speedbump" and now it's a little mini basketball! I'm not sure if I'm into posting photos of me and my growing tummy...I have had a few requests, so I am contemplating. I say, "to each her own," and I just have yet to decide if that's my thing or not.




















No comments:
Post a Comment