Well, as with any adventure with Wilkes...hilarity followed. First of all, he was being a little bit ornery, ok, maybe more than a little. All he wanted to do was play the iPad the whole way from Franklin to Belle Meade. And then John and I kept picking at him. Just trying to get him to look away from the iPad. The 20+ minutes of this combination of iPad and pushing us away took its toll...
We pulled into the parking lot, Wilkes turned the iPad off, and hung his head. He looked at me and said, "Aunt Caity, I don't feel so good." I, being well aware of this feeling, informed him that he was carsick. He disagreed, saying he never gets carsick.
I helped him out of the car and we started walking down the sidewalk to Le Peep. All of the sudden, Wilkes stops and just throws up. Right there, on the sidewalk. Luckily, he hadn't had anything to eat yet so it wasn't terribly gross. He looked up at me and said, "Aunt Caity, yeah, I am carsick." Hahaha. I just felt so bad for him, but it was also kind of funny. (Am I mean??) He proceeds to throw up again in the parking lot. We sat on the sidewalk and waited it out, seeing if he was done and if his tummy might settle down.
It did. So we went in and ate french toast. And everything was all better. Then we were off to Cheekwood with the rest of the family!
I think this just sums up what being a kid is all about.
Besties.
The other day Wilkes told me, "When I grow up and become a grandpa,
I am going to be called Pops, too." Melted my heart.
Lord of the Flies was represented with this conch shell tree house.
One of my favorite books from high school.
It was next to impossible to get him to come out of this shell.
Aunt Sarah and Wilkes on the pirate ship - this was as much of a pirate face that
Wilkes would give us. I think he was trying to pull his lip to one side like Aunt Sarah.
No comments:
Post a Comment