I went to Mary's store in Huntsville. If you don't know who Mary is...well, she's a gem. My friend, Elaine started going to the flea market and discovered Mary's booth. We both love to make jewelry, and Mary was exactly the person we needed to meet. She has boxes and boxes and boxes of stuff. Old watch pieces, beads, rhinestones, charms, etc. It just goes on and on. Well, it turns out she has a store in Huntsville. And my dear Elaine got married and moved to Huntsville. And Mary's store is practically 5 minutes from E's house!!! So I trekked down to Huntsville last week to visit and shop around. It was so fun...but it made me realize how much I miss you, Elaine!!
Every inch of Mary's store looks like this. No joke. Under the tables there are boxes and bins of stuff. And the walls are covered in beads, chains, and more stuff. It's my kind of store. Sometimes I feel like a hoarder. Then I walk into Mary's store and feel much better about my problem.
I just finished a set of wedding invitations for a bride whose family happens to live in my neighborhood. It was fun to drive down the street and deliver the invitations and see her while she was in town. Here's her little gift I made...a boxed keepsake invitation, a set of stationery, a note from me, and a flower pin in her wedding colors. I was kind of proud!
The wonderful Jill Hartline bought me a friendship bracelet kit, because I got on a kick making them this summer. Maybe because I switched jobs, and it made me feel 10 years younger because I gained a lot of freedom in the transition. Anyways, I have never made a friendship bracelet on a wheel before. But since I have been watching Live Love Embroidery on youtube...well, I've been dying to. Yes, I have been learning to make friendship bracelets from a pre-teen's youtube channel. Make fun of me all you want. Thanks Jill for the awesome kit! Now we'll really be friends forever!!!
I've been getting ready for a second year of passion house church with my girls from last year. We are going to go deeper spiritually and also adopt a group of girls from downtown Franklin to mentor and craft with. To say I am excited is an understatement. I have been flipping through all my craft books lately, and I just got a pinterest account. How am I so behind on this trend??
My sweet husband hung more shelves in my office. I love having floating shelves to store all my pretty books on and display some random things that make me happy! Such as the turquoise Matchbox car. And the brightest orange yarn. And my flea market chalkboard.
I think Chaco has the most expressive eyes. I love when he looks at me out of the top of his eyes, like in this first picture. Morgan took this photo when she was shooting my stationery. Chaco was watching us from underneath the dining room table, aka his favorite place to avoid me, and it was like he was thinking, "Ugh, come on already. Somebody play with me!" I love to provide Chaco commentary in my house. Weird, right?
And this is Chaco, post-haircut. He got shaved down. And I think he got fleas at the groomer. That seems so backwards. I send him to be cleaned, and he comes home with fleas. But nothing a flea bath can't fix.
And finally, if you haven't heard...I launched my brand new website. It's been a long time coming. And I am so glad that it's out there for the world to see. So if you know of anyone who needs stationery, wedding invitations, or gifts...I'm your girl. Also, go enter my giveaway. It ends on September 1st, and it's pretty great if I may say so myself....J.Crew, Anthropologie, Bath & Body Works, and more.










i was scrolling through and saw my gift and said out loud "that's my stuff!" i absolutely loved my gift and i can't say enough nice things about working with you!!
ReplyDeletei wish we lived closer so we could craft and thrift together.
I guess I am a little behind in reading your blog because I just saw this... I MISS YOU TOO! Need to go give ol' Mary another visit here soon...
ReplyDelete