17 August 2011

This Guy Is 4

How can he be 4? Where does the time go?

We celebrated Wilkes' 4th birthday a few days before his actual birthday, August 13th. Before the birthday boy got there, Sarah, Jesse, and I decorated for his Captain America themed celebration. Last year was Iron Man, but come on...Captain America is this year's Iron Man, get with the times. Get ready for picture overload...


Here's our party scene, a little crazy I know, but to a 4 year old...pretty awesome.



This boy was so excited about his new Captain America shield!



Yes, we made him sit on the mantle. It looks cruel.
But if you look closely on the bottom left, that is Matt's head sticking up.
He was there to catch him "just in case."



Wilkes and Pops (my dad)



and with his daddy, Will (my brother)



Action Shot



Publix tried. They really tried. I think I should take up cake decorating.



But to a 4 year old...if it's chocolatey and sugary...then it's delicious!



Uncle John bought him a huge styrofoam plane, and it was a hit!



A Captain America bike helmet!



Wait, another bike helmet...I guess you can't have too much safety!



Oh, but this one has a mohawk.



And somebody thought it was AWESOME.



Wilkes opened this set of Matchbox cars from Uncle Jesse, who loved cars as a child.
Wilkes immediately screamed "I love you, Uncle Jesse! Thank you for the cars you gave me!"



Will (my brother) gave Wilkes Titans tickets for the game on Saturday, which was Wilkes' actual birthday. What a fun daddy-son birthday event!



My dad loves the phrase "going to New York City to buy a fat kitty" and I clearly remember hearing that as a child anytime NYC was mentioned. Well, Sarah Beth went there this summer...and bought Wilkes a fat kitty. That plays songs about New York. Wilkes totally got the whole "New York City Fat Kitty" concept and LOVED his kitty.



Somebody got a new bike for his birthday! A really cool Tony Hawk bike with pegs.



Flying the plane!



Chasing Uncle Jesse!



Wilkes loves Minkas, our cat.



"It's my party and I'll cry if I want to..."
(and yes, your Aunt Caity will take your picture when you do)

No comments:

Post a Comment