27 November 2012

Thankful For So Much

This year I feel like the phrase "my cup runneth over" is really true. Like "my cup gusheth over" is more like it. Here in a small and not even nearly complete list is what I am thankful for at the moment...

NUMBER 1: William Michael Shinnick, love of my life, daddy-to-be, hard workin' man, jack of all trades, partner in crime, and best friend.




NUMBER 2: Hattie! It has been such a joy to be pregnant thus far. And I know that could change at any moment, that things could be way less "fun" and easy, but right now...while it's so lovely, I am just going to be thankful for each and every moment.


NUMBER 3: My brothers and sisters! I love being from a big family and having lots of siblings. It's seriously one of the biggest joys of my life. There is always something going on, someone to talk to, someone to laugh at/with, someone who will take your side, and when at all goes south...you've got a mini army ready to combat the world with you. I hope Hattie has brothers and sisters like I have!



NUMBER 4: Budgeting! Now I know that sounds completely crazy. Especially coming from me. But I am really enjoying the budgeting process with Will as we prepare for a baby. I have no negative feelings about money, I feel like we are being smart and honoring God with our money, and I am learning what I think I need is never actually a need. Nearly every purchase is a want. And when I do spend on the "wants," I make a careful decision and then love the item I have purchased. It's been so great.


NUMBER 5: Nearly 5 years of marriage with Will & all the memories we have made pre-baby!!! I was telling a friend the other day that these almost 5 years have been the best of my life. And they really have. I have learned so much about myself through the lens of marriage. I have learned what kind of stuff I am really made of. And we have gone on so many vacations (maybe more than we could afford, but, hey, we are budgeting now) and we have had so many adventures. If you've just gotten married, don't rush babies! I know my baby isn't here yet, and I am anxious to meet her and hold her and kiss her. But my husband has been more than enough and the blessings of life together can't ever be counted. It's the best. And now we're entering side by side into the next chapter...and maybe it will be even better...who knows!


No comments:

Post a Comment