16 November 2012

The Secret Life of Chaco: Part 2

A couple years ago, I introduced Chaco to the world on my blog, you can read that original post here if you feel so inclined...

Well, since then, some things have changed. A certain little pup now has a grey beard. And a certain little momma has a growing tummy. So life is changing. And I felt the need to give Chaco his 15 minutes of fame again...


Nicknames: Snuggle Bear, Chicken Taco, Charcoal, Paco, Baby, Wittle Baby,
Turdle Dove (his Christmas name, emphasis on turd), 

Age: 4 years, 11 months (approximately 34 in dog years)

Favorite toy: his "blankie"

Favorite items to steal from us: Will's glasses, our Uggs slippers, and our Toms
(thank goodness he is not a destructive dog, he just hides them under the dining room table)

So Chaco is still a handful, he always will be. But the growth we have seen in him is remarkable. He no longer barks while we are eating at the table. (He only gets table food in his bowl when we are finished eating, that solved the barking) He is so obedient when it is time for him to go to bed in his "house," and even carries his blankie there.

I had my wisdom teeth out last year, and Chaco's protective nature was out in full force. Will got home from work and came to check on me while I was laying on the couch. Chaco had been by my side all day and totally growled at Will and didn't want him to come anywhere near me.

Will and I are still those dog people who call each other mom and dad to the dog. And we definitely have different roles with Chaco. For instance, Chaco LOVES to play with Will. I mean, he wags his tail, jumps around, grabs Will's sleeves, and just goes nuts. I think Hattie will be like that too, minus the tail part :) And if I move to the other couch and lay down with a blanket, guess who grabs his blankie and comes to snuggle? Yeah, I love my role...the snuggle buddy!

Without further ado...here's Chaco and his little grey beard...


And outing for frozen yogurt and lounging in the yard


Before and after his homestyle haircut, courtesy of yours truly...
I just refuse to pay so much for a dog's haircut when he's just getting a buzz!


He loves tummy rubs and being completely co-dependent by sitting in the office chairs with us 


He just sat there while Will worked and read...


He loves being buried by warm laundry and sitting on my craft desk while I'm trying to work...


Chaco also loves getting his hair "dried" in the morning when we are getting ready and
he loves to sit almost glued to my side while I'm reading...


Totally posing while I clean house (yeah, my house NEVER looks this clean)
and waiting for someone to come back to bed and snuggle before work...


So I know this post has been really long and full of dog pictures. If you made it this far, I know you love dogs or you are just really bored at work. Hope you enjoyed a little sneak peek of Chaco's cushy life. His routine will get totally bucked once Hattie is born. So Chaco, your days as #1 are numbered...



No comments:

Post a Comment