This past weekend, I went to the flea market with my mom, Sarah Beth (sister), and Kirstyn (John's girlfriend). It was the perfect morning, a little cool and overcast. After a big ol' breakfast at Pancake Pantry, we started our day of rifting through booths filled to the brim. One woman's junk, another woman's treasure!
These are my treasures from the day!
Not sure what you call this thing...I call it my new fabulous "wooden candle holder slash
vase holder for dinner parties at my farm table" but first I have to get the votives & vases!
I found a vendor that made these great rustic frames!
Future chalkboards for my office!
I ran across a bunch of blue Ball jars...and snatched them all up!
And this is my best find...a 1936 "Model O" Royal typewriter. And it was in mint condition. And so clean. And beautiful. And hardly used. And in its case. And it works. It is AMAZING. I am still geeking out just a little. (In case you can't tell)
I finally found a type drawer like I have been wanting!
I love that the type drawer still has its plaque with typeface & size information!
And what's a trip to the flea market without some old jewelry, coins, and tokens? I love gathering up items and making my own pieces! There's several on my etsy for sale!
If you haven't been to the Nashville flea market, you really should go! It's so fun, and I always find great stuff! If you need some pointers of vendors to see, let me know!
I have a lot to blog about...Will and I quit our jobs this spring, started new jobs & are co-workers, went on a cruise in April, planted our garden, are renovating our house (still), and more. So more posts to come! Life is good.
I LOVE what you got at the flea market. what awesome finds...can't wait to see them in person!
ReplyDeleteJust saw this post. I have withdrawn from the blogosphere and I am OBSESSED with everything. And I think we have matching typewriters!! :) Yay! Although mine sits in my basement with the other one from our wedding... have to figure out what to do with it. :)
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm super jealous of the type drawer. Favorite.
the fabulous wooden candle holder of yours is amazing! i have a smaller one that i bought at a craft show from a wonderful elderly couple... they said it was a brown sugar cone form or a sugar form!!! its one of my favorite antiques that i have and yes i use it as a candle holder too!!! and i have the same type drawer except my handle is different and yours has way better patina!!! great finds!!!
ReplyDelete