![]() |
I can't believe I have been blogging for a while and still haven't formally introduced the third member of our home! Some of you may know Chaco, and if you do...you probably think he's a terror. Mostly because he is always excited when you're there...he's such a people person, and really just a little lover. Now I know that he can be annoying...last night I was ready to duct tape his muzzle shut because he wouldn't quit yapping at me (you all know I would never do that). But I want to give you an intimate glimpse of the real Chaco...the Chaco that snuggles, comforts, and plays when it's just me and Will. The Chaco we love. Now this might cast us as those weird dog parents who call each other Mom and Dad. Confession: sometimes we do refer to each other as Mama and Dad. I only tell you that because it's the truth and Chaco is like an unruly, gifted 14 year old boy...but we love him, we discipline him, and we are watching him slowly mature.
Name: Chaco Dave Clayton Shinnick (I'm not even kidding, call us weird, we obviously don't care)
Nicknames: Snuggle Bear, Chicken Taco, Charcoal, Baby Bear, Buddy
Age: 2 years, 9 months (born December 15, 2007 - exactly two weeks before our wedding)
Breed: Yorkie Poo-Poo (1/4 yorkie, 3/4 poodle)
Weight: 13 lbs
Adopted: February 16, 2008 (he was my Valentine...funny story about that)
Adopted: February 16, 2008 (he was my Valentine...funny story about that)
Favorite toy: his "blankie"
Favorite playmate: Dad (Will)
Favorite snuggler: Mama (Caity)
Favorite vacation spot: Mimi & Rudy's house (Will's parents)
![]() |
| The first days with little baby Chaco |
![]() |
| Our little family! |
![]() |
| Playtime! (I kept saying "Oh be careful! You'll break his little legs!") |
| Watching me get ready for work! |
| This is his blankie that he carries around the house. |
| If I say "Come snuuuugggllle with Mama," he will run to me and curl up! |
| He actually watches TV with us...here he's chillin' in his TN jersey watching Community. |
| Snuggling with his blankie |
| Waiting for me to join him...I lay in my yard and work on my laptop on pretty afternoons. |
| He gets the comfy chair in my office when I am working for lengths of time. |
Thanks for reading and looking at all the photos if you made it this far! He's the smartest little dog, he knows so many tricks (he can shake with both paws, he puts himself to bed when he hears "night night Chaco," and he gets in the shower or scratches the fridge if his water bowl is empty). Chaco can be a handful, but he's such a ball of energy and sunshine at the end of a long day. There's never a time when he doesn't greet me with kisses, jumps, and a wagging tail. He's the smallest of the Shinnicks, and he's a much loved addition!
Maybe one day I will write a post all about my husband...is it sad that Chaco got one first?




I love this post... Ya'll are hysterical! I have to say, I had no idea he was Dave Clayton's namesake :) Ha! We love chaco, too, bundle of energy and all! Miss you :(
ReplyDeleteHe is so cute! Makes me want a dog! Love you friend! I always enjoy your blogs!
ReplyDeleteI love you Chaco blog!! I think of your dog every time Elliott wears his chacos :) I think if we had a dog instead of a baby, we'd treat it the same way you guys do!
ReplyDelete