Will and I are both working at our church on Sundays. This has been a very busy transition but we both are so happy to be serving and working in something we believe in so much!
My youngest brother (I still refer to him as my baby brother), Jesse, turned 21 this month. I can't even believe it. How can he be that old!? Well, he is. This is Jesse...
I am thinking of writing posts about each of our siblings.
I feel like they are so different, funny, and great that I just need to share them with you.
So to celebrate Jesse's birthday, we went to Atlanta for a short weekend trip. This is the first time the 6 of us has gone on a trip without significant others or friends in 7 years! Our last trip was to Sacramento in 2003 to see John run in the Golden Sun Invitational track meet. What was life like then? I didn't even really know Will (we would go on our first date about a month after that trip!) and Sarah and Matt had been dating about 9 months. Jesse was only 13 then! And John was an all-star even then.
Here are my dad and Sarah on the way in! He seriously deserves a medal for being so great about being in Ikea for 5 hours. The man HATES to shop, but he was such a trooper!
We went to the Varsity to eat lunch! Since it was so crowded, we ate in an empty parking lot. Sorry, John was sitting behind me so he didn't make it in the photo!
I don't know why...but I will always cherish this memory. It felt so normal for a minute to be the 6 of us again. (Don't misunderstand me...I love my husband, he's the biggest blessing in my life!) But I am also the most nostalgic person I know. It felt like we went back in time. To just be the 6 of us again was so fun and special. Gosh, I'm even getting a little bit choked up writing this.
This is where the photos end for September. While I was in Atlanta, Will went to the UT-Oregon game with the boys to watch our Vols get whipped. And then the next weekend, we drove to Knoxville to visit Jesse and go to the UT-Florida game. Thank goodness we fared better this week than last. The game was a blast and it was so fun to be in Neyland Stadium for a big SEC game, even if we lost.
While in Knoxville, we went to see Uncle Daniel. Will's uncle is a great man who loves the Lord and loves his family. While running this summer, he suffered a stroke and collapsed. Luckily, he had stopped when he started feeling bad and went to a neighbor's house - help was received quickly. He went through a phase of paralysis and loss of speech. But God is the ultimate healer; while Daniel is not back to 100%, he is truly making great strides and we are so thankful for that healing! We loved getting to visit with him, Aunt Melanie, Morgan, and Jamie. They are so special to us!
Upcoming events: Ellen is due this week and we are wishing that we were in California so badly! Baby Harris is set to arrive at the end of the week! Jeff, Ellen, and Caroline...we are praying for you and the transition that will take place as you welcome Baby Harris into the world! And Harris...we can't wait to hold you and tell you how much we already love you!
Well, that wraps up life in the last few weeks. I feel like we have been running full speed for 3 weeks and we need to slow down. Hopefully, October brings some rest for us! And I promise I will do better about taking pictures!

No comments:
Post a Comment