I'm not the typical cook-every-meal for my husband kind of gal. I wish I was. But he's just such a good cook that I can't help but let him pitch in (ok, ok...I kind of LOVE that he cooks for me!)...but this past weekend, I was painting, decorating, picking veggies in our garden, cooking, and loving every minute of it! Here's a peek at our weekend of dining room renovations and a meal inspired by our garden! But first, a pic of the flowers I received at work on Friday!!
 |
| Will is the sweetest, sending me flowers at work for no reason! |
|
|
 |
| Homemade tomato tart with our own romas! |
 |
| The spread for our salad...our green peppers, cucumbers, banana peppers, & homemade croutons! |
 |
| Fried okra, fresh from the garden! |
 |
| Sneak peek #1 of the dining room! |
 |
| Sneak peek #2 of the dining room, it's also our entryway in the back! |
I can't wait to post the rest of the pics from our dining room renovation! I need to dig up the ones from when we moved in, that way you can understand what terrible room we first had! Along with our garden dinner, we had fruit tea...I have been on a fruit tea kick for about a month. I'll leave you with the recipe, it's just delicious!
Best Fruit Tea Ever
3-4 family size tea bags (Will prefers 4, he says he can taste more tea)
3 cups boiling water
1 cup orange juice
1 cup pineapple juice
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/2 - 1 cup sugar (we made it with 1 cup, it was so good, but that's a lot of sugar)
4 cups cold water
1. Steep tea bags in boiling water for 5 minutes.
2. Mix all ingredients.
3. Let sit in refrigerator for a few hours so it "comes together"
4. Enjoy! (preferably in a mason jar with a straw)
Something about this post makes me miss you SOOO much. I absolutely love you two and I want to give you a squeeze super bad!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see pictures of the dining room! How fun is it going to be to decorate that room for Christmastime?!?! And thank you for posting the fruit tea recipe-I'm going to try it out!
ReplyDeleteIm dying to see the dining room! Jealous definitively of the sneak peek gorgeousness!!
ReplyDelete