I have been blessed. Beyond measure. In my last post, I mentioned that my hard drive had failed and I had lost thousands of photos. 19,000 photos. The hard drive was damaged and after many dead ends, we found out the data was recoverable but it would cost us $965 to retrieve it. And to us, that's a lot of money.
So I committed to working hard. To earning the money. I prayed in faith, asking God to help me. To show me what to do. To provide for us. And guess what?
He did.
He overwhelmed us.
On Thursday evening, I opened the mailbox to find a beautiful letter and a check from a couple we know. Now, this couple, while we know them and think they are wonderful, we don't know them all that well. We are friendly, but we've never hung out together. But God, being who he is...all AMAZING and BEAUTIFUL and CARING, stirred their hearts to give us the FULL AMOUNT. Yes, you heard me right. They had written us a check for $965 to cover the entire amount.
To this couple, you have no idea what you have done for us. I will tell you the details personally of some of the important photos on that hard drive. That you have provided generations of our families with restored memories for years to come. Your gift will continue to give to us for the rest of our lives, and even beyond. God has blessed us tremendously through your generosity, kindness, and joy. We love you, your faith, your joy, and your hearts.
So starting today, I am giving away a few new art prints for you all to print at home. The first is ready. You can download it for free by clicking here. If you would rather purchase it, it's temporarily on sale in my etsy shop for $5.00, instead of the regular price of $8.00.
This art print features a couple verses that are very near and dear to my heart. I have prayed these words in times of trial since I was 16. And when I was in labor with Hattie, these were the words that spilled out of my lips as I cried out to God. Since the first 6 months of Hattie's life are on that hard drive and will now be recovered, it seemed only fitting to start with this beautiful reminder of God's extension of aid and care.
A few other prints will be out soon for download!
No comments:
Post a Comment