06 May 2013

Hattie - 1 Month Old


Hattie is 1 month old!

Where has the time gone? Seriously!? This baby girl is already a month old. And she's grown and changed so much! This has been the most upside down, wonderful, life altering month of my life for sure! And I wouldn't trade a moment of it!


In Hattie's first month, she...

Met all her great-grandparents: Nana and Papa, Grandmother and Granddad, & Grammy and Pawpaw!

Enjoyed countless hours in her swing, first she looked like a tiny baby in it, and now she's starting to fill it out!

Already outgrew her newborn clothes and is filling out the smaller 0-3 month clothes!

Spit up all over Mommy & Daddy multiple times!

Smiles whenever I talk in a really high pitched voice.

Continues to put on weight - 7lb. 15 oz. at birth, 7 lb. 9 oz. when we left the hospital at 3 days old, 7 lb. 15 oz. at 5 days old, 8 lb. 2 oz. at 9 days old, 8 lb. 14 oz. at 13 days old...and so on!

Has filled up Mommy's and Daddy's hearts with so much love they might just explode!

Has acquired several nicknames: Hattie Lou, Hattie Bear, Hattie Girl, Thundercat, Tooter, Honey Bear...the list could go on!

Has gone to church 4 times already - at 1 week old, 2 weeks old, 3 weeks old, and 4 weeks old! We just wrapped her up & went for it! At 1 week old, she got to be a part of Baby Blessing Sunday with all the other babies born in the past year!

Hattie Bear, we love you so much. Even through the sleepless nights (which honestly haven't been that bad), you bring us so much joy. When I hear you cry at night and I scoop you up, the moment when you stop crying and look at me just melts my heart. I love being your momma and I know your daddy LOVES being your daddy. He's the proudest daddy, showing you off at church to everybody! You seem to change every day and I can't believe how different you already look. What a fun and beautiful adventure we are on together. We love you and we rejoice over the life and gift that God has entrusted to us! You are precious and loved, Hattie!

No comments:

Post a Comment