20 December 2012

Crazy Caity

A couple days ago I was thinking to myself, "this (pregnancy) is the weirdest thing that has ever happened to me." (And the most wonderful, but on this day...weird just stuck out to me, so just go with me) I started thinking of all the weird things I'm feeling, weird ways I am changing, weird things I do, weird responses I have, etc. Here are a few examples...

The other night I got some leftovers out of the fridge, scooped them out of the pyrex dish, and then walked to the trash can and just threw the pyrex away! Luckily, I realized this a few minutes later & retrieved it.

I wanted to make a lemon cake one afternoon, and I was going to use my Aunt Viva's recipe. Will came home and said he would like to make the cake but he was going to use a different recipe. What followed was a huge argument and a flood of tears. (Will cried a ton...or was that me?) Now I know this sounds crazy and irrational, and on this side of the situation I know it was. But in the moment...I felt completely normal and justified. Will said during the moment he wanted to say "You know you are crazy, right?" Good thing he didn't...

This week it stormed in Franklin, and when we got home, Chaco did not greet us at the door. Which usually means he is sleeping on our bed. But when I walked down the hall to wake him up, the bedroom door was closed (which I do to prevent him from stealing my slippers). I thought "OH NO. We have trapped him in there ALL DAY." But when I opened the door, there was no Chaco. And he wasn't on his perch on the living room couch. And he wasn't under the dining room table. And he wasn't coming to us. I freaked. "He got out. He's gone. Someone has been here and he's escaped. And no one has called us, which means no one has found him." Will was much calmer than me. Concerned, but calm. Well, a few minutes passed and we were looking for him and calling for him. And then he comes sauntering down the hall. Sleepyhead Chaco had actually been under my work desk which has a skirt around it to hide bins & boxes. He had climbed under there to hide & sleep during the storm, I guess. But I couldn't be consoled. I just squeezed and hugged him. Maternal instincts taking over, to say the least. (I'm doomed. I hid from my parents all the time as a child, just to mess with them.)

A couple nights ago before bed I was getting my lotion from the bottom shelf on my nightstand and not realizing how close I was actually standing to it, I bent down and banged my forehead on the metal corner of the nightstand! (Side note: I hate being laughed at when I have accidentally hurt myself! It embarrasses me & I usually end up crying from embarrassment  not pain!) It hurts like the dickens. Will choked out "are you ok?" without me knowing that he was LAUGHING under the covers. I checked my forehead out in the mirror, saw the red scratch and growing bump, decided I was ok, and got in bed. I gave a half-hearted chuckle about how dumb that was, and I guess Will thought he had permission to laugh. Well, he started laughing and I immediately started crying. Which made him laugh harder. Which made me cry harder. Which made him start belly-laughing. Which made me start hysterically sobbing. Well, it was hilarious in hindsight. Because I had lotion on my hands and I was sobbing and wiping away tears. Which meant I had a really lotion-y face and I could not stop crying. After I calmed down, I said to Will, "Even while I was crying, I thought 'Why am I crying?'" You should have seen the look on his face when I said this. Hahaha, it was hilarious. He just sweetly said, "Yeah, me too." Poor Will. Well, at least we have now had several good laughs about this story together.

I think that's probably the underlying theme of this post...poor Will. He's such a good and sweet husband to just go with it and let me be a little crazy and really emotional.

Side note: Hattie is such a mover! I know I wrote that post recently, but she just hasn't stopped moving. I am loving all the kicks and turns (maybe not the belly button ones), and a couple days ago, I saw her moving!

1 comment:

  1. oh friend, I'm sorry about the hysterics! And I'm glad Chacco is okay!

    ReplyDelete