About this time of year, I actually start feeling ready for fall, which is good because the first day of fall happens to be this week. Now I love summer. Absolutely. I don’t spend a single moment wishing it away. I don’t complain about the heat, because, well...I love it. Every sun-drenched moment by the pool. Every piece of okra that comes out of the garden. Every freckle on my face.
But then I think about my maroon jeans, because...well...I am a Franklin Rebel at heart and it feels right to own all pieces of clothing in maroon. And pumpkins come to mind, which leads to pinecones, then acorns. And that crisp feel in the air. And school supplies. Maybe that’s what gets my thoughts started about fall. And then Will has already been captured by football season.
Which leads to a change that marriage has brought. Me watching pro and college football, even when it's a seemingly random games because neither the Vols nor Titans are playing. So I guess even I am ready for football season. So is Chaco. But Baby Shinnick won’t be ready for football until next season.
Yep, you heard me right. Baby Shinnick. On the way. Making its big debut in early April. (This is Baby Shinnick's first piece of clothing! A tiny vintage Vols windbreaker!)
And here's our baby! This is our 8 week ultrasound - I wish I could count the number of times I have gazed at this ultrasound...way too many to count. My heart is so full of joy, thankfulness, and love. Thankful that God has blessed us with this joy at this moment.
Congratulations! What big news! I see lots of baby play dates in our future! :-)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations, Caity and Will! So happy for you two!
ReplyDelete