30 July 2012

Face Time with Wilkes

Update on the eye: My eyeball is totally fine and healed. The burn under my eye is almost healed and no longer hurts at all. Thanks for all the care, concern, and laughter. What a weird & funny experience!

Anyways, on Thursday, after my eye incident, I got a phone call from my favorite little man in Chicago! We face-timed for quite a while and got caught up on all the recent happenings here and there.

Wilkes called and said, "Ok, what exploded in your eye? And how did it happen?" So I gave him the basic story, showed him my burn, and he said, "Eeew. Ok, that's gross. I don't want to see anymore." Sweet of him to check on me though.

I showed him Chaco sitting on the couch next to me, thinking he would love seeing him, because he always snuggles with him when he's at my house...and Wilkes said, "I did NOT call to talk to Chaco. I called to talk to YOU."

While we were talking, I must have opened my mouth really wide. Because this is the conversation that ensued...

Wilkes: "Hey, wait! Stop! What's that ball thing in the back of your mouth??"

Me: "Umm, my hangy ball."

Wilkes: "Do I have one of those?"

Me: "Yes, just open your mouth really wide and look in the mirror."

He proceeds to try to see it in the phone. I told him to run to the bathroom and look in the mirror because it would be easier. He throws the iPhone on his bed, which means I get to have a nice view of his ceiling fan for a solid minute. From the bathroom I hear...

Wilkes: "Oh my gosh!!! I have a hangy ball."

Then he decides he wants to show me...




Then out of no where, he says, "Oh, hey, Aunt Caity...you want to see my toothbrush?!" To which I reply, "Of course."


Presented...a Spider Man toothbrush.


And then he says..."Oh, look. Kids Crest."

This little boy makes me laugh so hard. What a sweet thing to call and check on his aunt. He was so proud of his new house in Chicago and gave me the full tour via face time. I can't wait to go visit him, Will, and Molly, and the soon-to-be arriving baby Hadley!


No comments:

Post a Comment