18 July 2010

Visiting the Flannery Family

Will and I headed out west to visit his sister and her sweet family. Ellen was the most wonderful hostess: on top of being a mom and expecting a second baby in the fall, she entertained us for 4 days!! We woke up and ate breakfast together everyday, saw the sites around LA, and ate lots of yummy dinners - both in and out. Jeff is in dental school at USC and was in the middle of midterms, but we saw him more than we expected to! We were so glad for our time with them!

We visited Beverly Hills/Rodeo Drive, visited the Farmers' Market and the Grove, went to the park, went to Laguna Beach, hung out at home, went to church with them, and more. Caroline was such a trooper, she rode in the car for long periods of time and as long as she had her yogurt - she was happy! And when the yogurt was gone and she got tired, we would play Hillsong on my iPhone and she was hooked on it! We also drove past the house that Father of the Bride was filmed in - it's near Ellen's house in Pasadena! It's Ellen's favorite movie - and shockingly, I have never seen it!

Ellen and Jeff, thank you so much for having us and for being so hospitable! We loved visiting and can't wait to come back!! Thanks for taking so much time out for us and making our trip so memorable. I promise I will watch Father of the Bride!!! Love y'all!

2 comments:

  1. Awwwe! How fun! So glad it was a great trip. I've missed getting to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you guys were able to go see them-thank you for posting pictures! It kind of made me want to live in California :)

    ReplyDelete