11 June 2010

Our Italian Feast

Occasionally, someone in my family has a grand idea. It's usually something big, involved, and detail oriented. We're dreamers, planners, situational thinkers. Example: If we try this recipe and it's really good, we'll make 8 times the amount and freeze it. But no matter how good the recipe is, we never end up making the 8 batches to freeze. So Sarah Beth and my mom had the idea to have themed-dinners throughout the summer. Which I think is a great one, so I hope they continue throughout the summer. For our first one, they chose to have an Italian dinner. Here's what everyone made, and when I say made...I mean like "homemade, labor of love, cook cook cook"...

Will and me: Mozzarella Sticks & Frozen Peach Bellinis
Matt and Sarah: Minestrone (which was AMAZING) and Caesar Salad
John: Lobster Pasta & Pomacellos, a Pomegranate/Lemoncello Drink
Jesse: Grilled Chicken, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, & Sauteed Veggies
Mom: Lemoncello Cake (which was TO DIE FOR)

It was so much food, and we are going to scale the next one down a little. Sarah and Matt brought themed music, my mom decorated the table in an Italian/Olive Garden style, and some of us dressed in theme...Jesse and I wore red and green, and Sarah and Matt looked like they belonged on the Sopranos. It was so fun to eat together, and have a little fun with the meal and decor. Theme Dinner #1 - SUCCESS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment