19 January 2010

Resolutions Revealed

I usually keep my resolutions pretty quiet. That way if I fail, no one really knows. And I usually don't take them too seriously anyways. But this year I am. So here's to the New Year...

1. Quit drinking coke everyday. Not all together. Just be aware of my intake. Limiting myself to 1-2 a week, that's down from 2-3 a day. So far it's going really well. This will be the hardest of all my resolutions.

2. Start exercising - walking, racquetball, running, etc. That's it. No big goals, no pressure. Just exercise because it's good for me and because it will make me happier and healthier.

3. Try new things. I'm not a big fan of the unfamiliar. I want to go skiing. And go to new restaurants, especially local ones. And I want to take yoga classes. And maybe a dancing class or two...I'm a terrible dancer. If you have any ideas for me, I would love to hear them!

4. Be spontaneous. This one is the most exciting to me. I am such a control freak, and I love to plan out my day, life, etc. I love to know what my whole day looks like before I do it. But I have decided that my what's-the-opposite-of-carefree spirit needs a makeover.

Spontaneous Caity #1: Going out to eat with Rebecca after church on Sunday night, when I had planned to go the the grocery. And guess what? It was so fun! She ended up going to the grocery with me afterwards. Which was even more fun.

Spontaneous Caity #2: Will and I are going to Las Vegas this weekend! We decided this about forty minutes ago. I have never been, and I've always wanted to go! So I guess this one counts as something NEW and something SPONTANEOUS. I'm so pumped...I'm sure I will have lots of pictures to show after we get back!

5. Start actively seeking God more in my everyday life. Reading my bible more, praying more, comforting and loving others, sharing my gifts, seeking His kingdom here on earth. And I can't do any of these resolutions on my own anyways...relying on Him in these new quests will be the key to a fruitful New Year.

If you made resolutions, I hope you're sticking to them. When I look at the cold coke in my fridge, I tell myself "Be content without it. Go outside and breathe in the fresh air. Or go play with Chaco. There are lots of other things that will make you smile." So when you feel like breaking those resolutions, try and think of other things that will make you happier. Pray, read, play with your dog, go on a walk, take a deep breath. Good luck! Have a lovely rest of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment