09 December 2009

There Will Be A Day

Lately I have been thinking a lot about people close to me who are hurting. Really hurting. Death, disease, heartache, sorrow, and loneliness just plague this world. My heart has been full and heavy lately. I wrote two very special friends of mine a note on Monday (these two are the kind that carry me along when I am dragging and listen to the cries of my heart - and I just love them so much)...and I ended this note with this little prayer I wrote...

Jesus, you are the only one who is truly good. You are the healer, you are the answer to the heartache this world experiences. You are the one who chose us, came for us, and saved us. You are coming again. I long for pain and suffering to be gone and destroyed. This world is not my home. My home is eternal, and there will be no death or destruction there because you have defeated it for me. You're victorious and I trust you.

God is so good and hears our prayers, and He speaks in all sorts of ways. I know He heard my prayer and I am so thankful to have a Father in Heaven who listens to my aching heart. I was listening to the radio on Tuesday and this Jeremy Camp song called There Will Be A Day came on. I'll leave you with the lyrics and a link to the video...


Click here to listen to Jeremy Camp's There Will Be A Day.

I try to hold on to this world with everything I have
But I feel the weight of what it brings, and the hurt that trys to grab
The many trials that seem to never end, His word declares this truth,
that we will enter in this rest with wonders anew

But I hold on to this hope and the promise that He brings
That there will be a place with no more suffering

There will be a day with no more tears,
no more pain, and no more fears

There will be a day when the burdens of this place,
will be no more, we’ll see Jesus face to face

But until that day, we’ll hold on to you always

I know the journey seems so long
You feel your walking on your own
But there has never been a step
Where you’ve walked out all alone

Troubled soul don’t lose your heart
Cause joy and peace he brings
And the beauty that’s in store
Outweighs the hurt of life’s sting

I can’t wait until that day
where the very one I’ve lived for always
will wipe away the sorrow that I’ve faced

To touch the scars that rescued me from a life of shame
and misery this is why this is why I sing….


There will be a day with no more tears,
no more pain, and no more fears

There will be a day when the burdens of this place,
will be no more, we’ll see Jesus face to face


There will be a day
He’ll wipe away the stains
He’ll wipe away the tears
He’ll wipe away the tears…..there will be a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment