
We might just have the greatest parents in the world. On Friday the 30th of October, Will's dad (Mike) took off work to help us pack, load the truck, and clean our apartment. When we got to our house to move in and things weren't quite ready for us, Will's mom (Paula) and Mike were calm and collected - and they got right to work. Paula was cleaning and Mike was helping rip out the old carpet. We unloaded the truck in the drizzly rain, but thankfully most of our work was under the carport. My mom (Beth) and dad (Bill) came by with some furniture and lots of encouragement.
The next day, on Halloween, we got the last load of stuff from the apartment. After Mike worked a full day with us on Friday, he was there bright and early to start again. Paula arrived on Saturday with a big pot of chili for lunch! Many people were fed off that big pot - my cousins, parents, us, etc. Yum!! My mom came by with new doormats, laundry detergent, and cleaning supplies. Beth and Paula unpacked boxes in the kitchen and helped find places for all Will's gourmet, "have-to-have" gadgets and appliances (but I can't complain - a hubby who cooks and teaches me to cook - gotta love him!!). My dad and Will tinkered with the plumbing and are still working on solutions for some of those problems!
Halloween night rolled around - and I got to put up decorations right before people arrived! My mom brought BBQ and we had a nice feast together! Our first little Halloween party included Jesse (my sweet brother who drove in town to help us move), Jase (our good & faithful friend), my parents, Will's parents, Sarah Beth & Matt (my sister and her hubby), and Will & Wilkes (my brother & nephew). We had so much fun watching the Vols play and hanging out. I went to bed that night completely exhausted, but overwhelmed with the feeling I had - this is exactly why I wanted a house...lots of people I love, together in one place!! What a blessing!
Sarah as the Mad Hatter & Matt as Turkitron
Wilkes (the cutest pirates with LOTS of tattoos) & Me (with LAME bunny ears)
To the four of you, thank you for all your help. I am thankful that you all love Jesus and in everything you do, you try to show that. Thank you for loving us, setting up our home with us, taking care of us. We feel so fortunate to have you all close by. We love you!!
No comments:
Post a Comment