Shoes. That's the image that keeps coming to mind. In my last post, I mentioned that. When I look at Hattie's and Liam's shoes, I just keep seeing the image of little Aylan's shoes, thinking about the life of a small boy, cut so terribly short.
And I've been asking God to show me something, show me how I can help. What I can do, sitting here in Tennessee.
And all I keep seeing are shoes, his little shoes.
But I think that's the answer. Shoes. People need shoes. I have shoes. Extra shoes. So do my kids. So does Will. And people, displaced and starting over, need shoes.
So yeah. Shoes.
I am going to start rounding up tennis shoes. And then I am literally going to mail them to Greece, just like this post talks about. (Unless I figure out a more direct place to send them.)
Who's with me? Who has shoes to send, too? All sizes are needed, for men, women, and children. Bring them to me, meet me somewhere. I'll send your shoes with mine.
Are you in?
Email me at shinnickfamily(at)gmail(dot)com to arrange getting your shoes to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment