08 May 2012

When you work together...

Will and I work alongside each other 3 days a week. We have the best jobs in the whole world. I love working with the volunteers at church and leading "Sunday operations" at church. Will is such a gifted worship leader, and he'll never admit it. But man, he is.

Well, the truth about working together is...that it's awesome. And it's hard. Because work comes home with us. And home goes to work with us. You don't get to compartmentalize the same way.

So when we bicker in the car on the way to work, and then we walk in the office, it doesn't just go away. Or when we love a project we are working on, it can take over our home life.

And then there are times when we just don't know what to talk about. Because we've been together for 120 hours straight. And we've talked about everything already.

Tonight I am home and at work on some creative projects by myself in my office. And Will is in the living room playing guitar, learning some love songs for a wedding he is playing in.

I can hear him singing.

And I'm reminded of how much I love him.

Swoon.

And I kind of miss him.

Even though he is just in the other room.

Even though we have been together all day for the last 2 days.

And I know I would never want to work with anyone else.

Or love anyone else.

1 comment:

  1. I want to "like" this a million times over. Thank you for always reminding me of what an honoring wife looks like.

    ReplyDelete