17 April 2012

North and West

In the last three weeks, I've visited two cities that I haven't been to in at least 10 years.

A couple weeks ago, Sarah Beth and I headed north and visited our cousins in Columbus, Ohio. Sadly, we didn't take any pictures. We just had so much fun that we never really thought to. Here's my lovely sister in case you haven't had the pleasure of meeting her...


I know, I know...she's beautiful. Her fiery red hair is fabulous. And she has lovely creamy skin. We don't really look alike, but I think there's some resemblance. Anyways, I digress...

Ok, so Columbus. We had a blast with Amy, Carrie, and Emily. Our mom is first cousins with Amy's & Emily's dad, Bill, and Carrie's mom, Ann. So they are our second cousins. And we LOVE them to pieces. It's amazing how we may not have seen them for a couple years, 5 years, or however many.

So while we were there...we walked around the Short North area (a cute area with lots of shops and restaurants), picked up Ohio State t-shirts at Homage, ate burgers with fried eggs on top (see photo), shopped at Easton, and enjoyed lots of reminiscing and getting to know each other better now.




I know, this burger, bacon, egg, and tater tots totally look like a heart attack on a plate. But oh the deliciousness! It was seriously the best burger ever. And those tots were amazing.

The best part of our trip was knowing we will be seeing our cousins this summer! Pretty much immediately after we got there, Amy decided to have her bachelorette party here in Nashville!

This past weekend, I headed west to Dallas, Texas with my dear dear dear friend Sally. The third member of our trifecta of friendship is Sarah. And she lives in Dallas. The point of the trip: to spend time together and celebrate the wedding of our friend, Daniel, and his new bride, Diana. They are both in the Air Force, so it was so wonderful to see Daniel and meet Diana for the first time!

We had a blast. We are amazing food (Breadwinners for brunch, i Fratelli pizza, and Yogurtland fro-yo), shopped at North Park, slept in, attended wedding festivities, went to the Dallas Arboretum, and more. And sadly, no pictures to really report.

It was such good soul care to be with old friends. I love all my friends, but there is something restful to my soul to be with friends who know me, know my past, and have loved me through some of my worst. Now I'm back in town, and I thought I had no trips planned for the next few months...but Will and I just started planning our summer vacation to Charleston!!!

NOW ON THE HORIZON: the Main Street Festival in just a short week and a half! And in the middle of it all, family is coming to town! So excited for both!

No comments:

Post a Comment