12 January 2011

Football Time in Tennessee

 

One of the most fun things we did over Christmas was go to the Music City Bowl to watch our Vols play North Carolina. Unfortunately, it didn't quite go the way we would have hoped. But we still had so much fun! Our crew included my mom & dad, John & Kirstyn, Jesse, Will (brother), me & Will, and our cousin, Cole. We rode to the game in a limo complete with Tennessee flags on the windows that our great driver let us put on there. It was so awesome pulling right up to LP Field in a limo with flags, people were staring at our limo, trying to figure out who was in it! And I really wish I had a pic of the stadium when it was full - it was a huge sea of orange!






This was such a fun, rowdy game. People were going nuts. And the refs weren't the greatest. I wish I could post the videos I made at the game, but the obscenities being screamed aren't really appropriate. And some of those were coming from my youngest brother. I was laughing until I could hardly stand, but I was trying to maintain the line of fun sister and sister who doesn't encourage stuff like that. But I may have said a curse word during overtime when North Carolina made their winning kick. It's easy to get swept up in the emotion of a stadium bleeding orange, dealing with some questionable calls, barely catching a break, and throwing some of our own chances away. I was embarrassed that I said it. Repent of saying curse words at football games, check.

Let me just say the mayhem that ensued after the game, well, that's enough reason to repent and get out of there. We really saw blood on the ground. Now that's taking it way too far.

But on the never-ending ramp from the upper deck, Jesse and I did start a chant. "I said it's great to be a Tennessee Vol!" And tons of people were chanting as we left!!! Oh, you know, just trying to spread some Tennessee cheer!

Better luck next year, Vols. Lookin' forward to some great seasons with good ole Derek Dooley leading the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment