10 October 2010

God is good.

Sundays.

Used to make me think of dresses & heels, lunches out with my family, lazy afternoons, etc.

Now they look quite different for Will and me. We are a part of a church that we dearly love and most Sundays require a lot of our energy and time. Time that I consider precious, time that's there's never enough of. But I wouldn't trade this for anything. Here's why...

Because God is good. So good. Despite mornings that don't go according to plan, and lots of tasks to accomplish, and things just out of my control. God is good.

We are part of a church that is striving to live out the mission of Christ. And not because of anything I am doing or anyone else is doing. But because of who God is. (Go read my friend Courtney's post, she's got a beautiful heart, you'll love her, too.)

5 people were baptized today, dying to themselves and choosing life in Christ. Praise God. He is so good.

Homeless people & rich kids stood side by side and praised a true & loving God. Who is so good. Arms lifted high, hearts surrendered, and all this because of his goodness.

I sobbed on the way home from church. By myself in the car. Because I felt his presence and his goodness and his true & transforming love.

He takes imperfect people, me being the most imperfect, and just pours his love out on us and calls us his own. His love is true and everlasting, all good things are of him and from him! I feel so blessed, so unworthy, and so challenged. God is bigger, better, brighter, and more beautiful than anything I could ever imagine, want, hope for, or dream of.

God is good.

3 comments:

  1. Caity- What a wonderful blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is so good! And You are precious! Thank you for your hard work at Ethos. I love being your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Literature... You guys are legit

    -KG

    ReplyDelete